- There are plenty of excellent fishing points on the Raghley peninsula, where you can catch mackerel, pollock, bollin, and more.
- Crab fishing with a bit of string and food from the pier provides fun for everyone. Bring a bucket, put some salt water in it, and when you catch the crab, look at them crawling around in the bucket.
- Fishing Trips: there are charter boats are available for the serious fishermen. We can help with any bookings. Look at these sites: Rosses’ Point http://www.sligoboatcharters.com and Mullaghmore – http://www.offshore.ie or http://www.inishmurrayislandtrips.com
- If you have brought your surfing gear, go to Lislarry (about 6km).
- Or Bundoran http://www.turfnsurf.ie or http://www.bundoransurfco.com OR Strandhill http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com (both 30 minutes away).
- Or look at Adventure Sligo (http://www.adventuresligo.com).
- Paddle boarding is available via https://www.sligobaysup.ie/about/
- Sailing clubs (http://mullaghmoresailingclub.orgor http://sligoyachtclub.ie) offering beginners and experienced sailing courses for juniors and adults.
- Kayaking or canoeing (http://www.adventuresligo.com/water/kayaking).
- Our area is notorious for its artists from writers, poets, painters, craft workers, and many have set up home here.
- The Model (Niland Gallery), Hamilton Gallery, Yeat’s Society, Hawkswell, Blue Raincoat Theatre, and the Factory are in Sligo town – about 20 minutes drive.
Within 20 minutes there are 2 sailing clubs (http://mullaghmoresailingclub.org or
http://sligoyachtclub.ie) offering beginners and experienced sailing courses for juniors and adults. Or if you have your own boat (sail boat, rib, canoe, etc) bring it along and we will help you launch it from the recently renovated Raghley pier. You can explore and relax in tranquility of Drumcliffe Bay. The boat can be stored in our sheds. Another popular activity is kayaking or canoeing (http://www.adventuresligo.com/water/kayaking).
Two new farming experiences within 10-15 minute drive. Both require pre-booking.
- Atlantic Sheepdogs (https://www.facebook.com/atlanticsheepdogs)
- Atlantic Way Alpaca Farm (https://www.facebook.com/wildatlanticwayalpacafarm/about/)